Franklin Lakes announced on its website Monday morning that all schools in the district "are closed today, Monday, February 3, 2014. All after school activities are canceled. Stay safe."
Wyckoff schools and the Ramapo Indian Hills high school district also announced they are closed Monday due to inclement weather.
The National Weather Service is calling for three to five inches to hit the area Monday, and another storm Wednesday.
- Monday: Snow, mainly before 3pm. High near 31. Northeast wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 17. North wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 34. Light and variable wind.
- Tuesday Night: Snow, mainly after 11pm. Low around 26. Calm wind becoming northeast 5 to 8 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Wednesday: Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 1pm, then a slight chance of freezing rain between 1pm and 2pm, then a slight chance of snow after 2pm. High near 30. Northeast wind 7 to 10 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.