The school district ran its first round of advertising for the open position this weekend in area and statewide newspapers.
Qualifications for the job listed in the ad include:
- NJ School Administrator or Certificate of Eligibility
- Superintendent, Asst. Superintendent, or Central Office experience preferred
- Secondary School experience required
- Classroom teaching experience preferred
- A collaborative management style with strong interpersonal skills
- Accomplished leadership skills in strategic planning and technology, finance, personnel, and communication amongst all stakeholders
- Extensive knowledge in curriculum development
- Ability to manage resources/budget
- A commitment to excellence for all students
Earlier this year, board members elected to carry out their own search, rather than hire a superintendent search firm. Last week, board members said they will begin to go through resumes they receive after the February due date.
Board members have said that they hope to get a permanent Superintendent in place by July 1, but that if they do not find one, current interim Ernie Palestis could stay on for a second year.