The Ramapo Indian Hills Board of Education is looking for a new member to replace one who unexpectedly retired earlier this week, the district announced Thursday.
According to RIH Business Administrator Frank Ceurvels, the Board has 65 days from Feb. 24 to fill the spot of Debra Strauss, a trustee from Franklin Lakes who resigned Monday.
According to NorthJersey.com, Strauss declined to comment on her resignation, which she handed to board members Monday night at a Board meeting. Other board members told NorthJersey.com they were “surprised” and “disappointed” to see her go.
According to the report, Strauss was originally appointed to the Board in 2011 and won a three-year term in 2012.
Ceurvels announced that the board is now looking for a Franklin Lakes resident to fill her unexpired term, which runs through January 2015.
Interested community members should submit a letter of interest and any other pertinent information to Mr. Frank C. Ceurvels, Business Administrator/Board Secretary, Ramapo Indian Hills Regional High School District Board of Education, 131 Yawpo Avenue, Oakland, New Jersey 07436, by Thursday, March 20, 2014. Letters of interest will be reviewed by the Board of Education and an interview schedule will be established.
Legal requirements for position:
- Hold U.S. citizenship and one year’s residency in the school district;
- Have no interest in any contract with, or claim against, the Board;
- Not hold office as mayor or member of the municipal governing body or, in the case of county school district, the county governing body;
- Be registered to vote in the district; and
- Be able to read and write.