The Boards of Health in Wyckoff and Midland Park are collaborating, and the result is the 2013 Health Fair coming to the Wyckoff Library this Saturday.
The event will be part health fair, part influenza prevention program, the township recently announced in a public service announcement. It is happening at the Wyckoff Library from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, and will feature $25 flu shots for residents.
Here’s what you need to know about getting a shot at the clinic, according to a release from the township’s Board of Health:
- Children between the ages of 3 & 17 can be vaccinated only if a parent or guardian is present; pre-registration with Northwest Bergen Regional Health Commission (201-445- 7217) is recommended.
- The vaccine for children is Thimerosal Free
- If you are pregnant, please bring a note from your obstetrician
- The fee is $25 (cash or check only) – sorry we do not accept insurance
- We will supply you with a receipt for you to seek reimbursement through your health insurance company
- The vaccine is $25 for those who have a Medicare HMO (Medicare Advantage)
- Regular Medicare participants must bring their Medicare Part B card for us to bill Medicare
- Timing of your seasonal influenza vaccination is critical to ensure immunization for the peak influenza season in our area. It is therefore recommended that you receive your vaccine early. Visit www.wyckoff-nj.com, click on Departments, and then click on Board of Health or call the following telephone numbers for additional information: Health Fair – Wyckoff Board of Health at 201-891-7000 X304; Flu Vaccine/Pre-Registration of Children – Northwest Bergen Regional Health Commission at 201-445-7217.