Wyckoff’s annual leaf pick-up is slated to begin next week, the township announced in a recent public service announcement.
In the release, officials asked residents to follow several guidelines in order to make the October 21 start “successful.”
- Do not wait until late November/December to rake leaves to the curb. Use Rounds l and 2 for leaves already fallen.
- Leaves are to be raked to the edge of the lawn and spread along your entire frontage. Do not rake them into the street.
- Leaves must be free of branches and twigs. If your leaves contain branches or twigs, they will not be collected.
- If the leaf collection schedule is inconvenient for any reason, residents may take their leaves to the township's facility on West Main Street.
- Leaves must be at least 10 feet from storm sewer drains.
- Leaves should not be placed earlier than 7 days before the leaf crew’s arrival.
- Register your e-mail address at the site registration on the home page of Wyckoff on the Web (http://www.wyckoff-nj.com) and you will receive weekly leaf updates. Leaf district updates will be posted daily on the home page in the Breaking News section.
- The Fall Resident newsletter MUNICIPAL UPDATE, mailed to all houses, details the entire leaf collection program. Extra copies are available in Town Hall in the first floor public information bookcase.
According to the release, the leaf collection is aimed at gathering leaves from roadways before the first snow of the season.