Rumor has it that this fall is going to be a tough one for allergy sufferers. Here are some tips to help with your fall allergies.
- When you are mowing the lawn or raking the leaves this fall put on a face mask. These outdoor activities are brutal because they kick up all the allergens into the air for you to inhale. Likewise, once you are done outdoors, make sure that you throw your clothes into the washer and shower. This will get all of the allergens off of you and also keep you from spreading them throughout the house.
- Change your air filter in your furnace. Make sure that these air filters are clean and will collect and not re-circulate the allergens throughout your house.
- Use a saline nasal spray to help dry up and clear your nose of the allergens. A Neti Pot is a great way to irrigate and clear your nasal passage.
- Start taking antihistamines early. If you wait until you feel your allergies coming on then it will be too late, you won’t have the histamine blockers in your system to defend you and then the antihistamine may not work well thereafter.
- Keep your doors and windows closed to make sure that you have some sort of barrier against your nemesis. Likewise, keep your shoes by the door and be aware of what you may be leaving around the house and on the couches to be picked up later by your nasal passage.
The main thing to keep in mind with your allergies is to be aware of what may be lurking on your clothes and do your best to keep yourself clear of them.