Here are some little changes you can make around your own home that will help the environment, courtesy of the Wyckoff Environmental Commission:
1. Buy clothes that don't need to be dry cleaned. After washing clothes, hang them out to dry instead of using the dryer.
2. Use a cleaning cloth instead of disposable wipes. Also, try out environmentally-friendly cleaning products like white vinegar and baking soda.
3. If you've got a new baby, try using cloth instead of disposable diapers.
4. Instead of throwing them away, donate "gently used" clothes to charity.
5. Bring reusable bags to the grocery store instead of using plastic. Also, use "real" plates and cutlery instead of disposable paper or plastic.