1. The Township Committee will meet for its first regular meeting of the year following its .
The governing body will meet for a work session at 7:30 p.m. in the second-floor Ladderback Room at Town Hall, 340 Franklin Ave., with a business session to follow at 8 p.m. in the Municipal Courtroom. The meetings are open to the public.
2. Recycling will be picked up today in Districts 1 and 5. If a resident isn't sure which district he or she resides in, use the "Street Directory" at http://www.wyckoff-nj.com/trash.html to determine the proper district.
3. , 145 Hopper Ave., Waldwick, will present a free lecture for parents of athletic children: "Surviving The Sports Culture."
Topics to be covered are: the role of sports in our culture; the positive and negative attributes of sports; how to get your kids involved; goals for parents and having fun while staying sane. Call 201-444-3556 for more information.
4. will play host to a financial seminar.
"Financial Peace University" by Dave Ramsey will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. weekly on Tuesdays at the Cedar Hill Avenue church.
The course, which will focus on staying out of debt and building wealth, costs $100. For more information, write firstname.lastname@example.org, call 201-652-4277 or visit www.daveramsey.com/fpu/home.
5. The Ramapo and Indian Hills basketball teams will be in action today.
The Ramapo boys and girls will play Old Tappan at 7 p.m., with the boys on the road and the girls home. The Indian Hills boys and girls will play Mahwah at 7 p.m., with the boys home and the girls away.