We are all looking for ways to cut corners these days. Here are five things you can do today to save money:
1. Find the best price on gas. According to motortrend.com, the Citgo on Franklin Avenue has the best price on regular gas, at $3.819 a gallon as of Sunday.
2. Eat local produce. Strawberries, spinach and lettuce are in season now. Buying from local farms and farmers markets not only ensure the freshest produce, it also can save you money.
3. Recycle. The municipality gets reimbursed for our recycling, but pays for garbage to be removed. So instead of tossing a water bottle or catalog in the garbage, remember to recycle instead. It offsets your property taxes.
4. Shop local businesses. Instead of shopping online and paying for shipping, shop local businesses. Helping to bolster the local economy can also have a positive impact on your tax bill, by keeping local merchants in business.
5. Vote in Tuesday's primary. We may not have a say in how Trenton spends every dollar, but we do have a say over who gets into office—and that can have a direct impact on your wallet. Let your voice be heard. Vote.