On the corner of Wyckoff Avenue and Main Street next to the railroad tracks sits the modest, historical landmark, The Wyckoff PTO Economy Shop, “the little shop that could.” Unbeknownst to many, the Wyckoff PTO Economy Shop is NOT a museum or real estate relic. It is a non-profit retail store that has been bringing the community together and enriching education throughout our town for many generations.
5 things residents may not know:
1. The Wyckoff PTO Economy Shop is a non-profit organization that returns its profits to the 7 schools in our community. This past year it earned $35,350 and returned $5,050 to each of Wyckoff’s 4 elementary schools, middle school, and 2 regional high schools.
2. When you consign items at the Wyckoff PTO Economy Shop, you earn 60% of the sale. This is a higher percentage than many ebay outposts! It's a win-win. You can feel good knowing you are recycling products, getting a fair return, and helping our schools in the process.
3. The Wyckoff PTO Economy Shop is COMPLETELY operated by parent and community volunteers.
4. Anyone can volunteer and we NEED you. Volunteer commitment is approximately 3 hours once a month. By volunteering at the shop, you help our schools and have the opportunity to meet and befriend people within the community.
5. The Wyckoff PTO Economy Shop now has extended hours for our customers' shopping pleasure and added cash benefits for our kids and schools.
Monday: CLOSED for receipt of donations and inventory
Tuesday: 9:30am - 2:30pm and 7:30pm - 9:00pm
Wednesday: 9:30am - 2:30pm*
Thursday: 9:30am - 12:00pm and 7:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday: 9:30am - 2:30pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 1:00pm
(*new extended hours)
There are many open shifts. If you are interested in giving some of your time to support this wonderful community resource that returns thousands of dollars to our schools every year, please contact Laura Capozzi at firstname.lastname@example.org.