9 Signs of a great Preschool
- The Children spend most of their time playing and working with materials or other children. They do not wander aimlessly, and are not expected to sit for long periods of time.
- The children have access to various activities throughout the day. Look for assorted building blocks and other construction materials, props for pretend play, picture books, paints and other art materials, puzzles. Children should not all be doing the same thing at the same time.
- Teachers work with individual children, small groups and the whole group at different times during the day.
- The classroom is decorated with the children's original artwork and class work.
- Children learn numbers and the alphabet in the context of their every day play.
- The children work on projects and have long periods of time to play and explore.
- The children have an opportunity to play outside every day.Teachers read books to the children indivually or in small groups.
- The children and their parents look forward to school.
- Parents feel secure about sending their chold to the program.
For more information please see our website : www.appletreewyckoff.com