Heidi Klum Chooses Wyckoff Boy As Halloween Contest Winner
Jack Hagan's "headless boy" costume was chosen as the winner from entries by Patch readers across the country
Jack's spooky "headless boy" costume was chosen by Klum from nearly 2,700 entries from Patch sites across the country.
Jack wins a trip to New York that includes a meet and greet with Klum, plus a donation of $1,031 to a charity of his choice.
Jack's father, Ken, said the two enjoy creating the costume together.
"It's kind of a father-son fun thing we like to do each year," Ken Hagan said.
Jack chose K.I.N.D.: Kids in Need of Desks as his charity. K.I.N.D., a joint effort of UNICEF and MSNBC, provides schools in Malawi with desks to provide students with a better atmosphere for learning. They aim to bring 46,000 desks to 172 schools.
Hagan said his son learned about K.I.N.D. when MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell visited his class at Sicomac Elementary last year to speak about the charity. Sicomac students raised more than $6,000 for the organization.
"It just stuck in Jack's head," Hagan said. "He felt that it was a really good charity."
The other nine finalists who received $1,031 for the charity of their choice were:
- Fort Stewart Patch My Little Mermaid
- Acworth Patch Felicity Schartok - Little Red Riding Hood
- Ridgefield Patch Claire Tannian - Albert Einstein
- Danvers Patch Saoirse Fitzgerald - Uncle Fester
- Windham Patch Alex H. Lertpatthanakul - Transformer
- Kirkland Patch. Sisters C and G Kolesar - Ewok kids
- Redondo Beach Patch Homemade Snail Costume
- St. Charles Patch 10 Foot Tall Guy Costume
- Darien, IL Patch KISS Kids