Elections in Wyckoff and Franklin Lakes: Everything You Need to Know
From polling places to candidates, here's what you should know.
Across the nation, today is the day for civic minded individuals to get their vote on.
Citizens will exercise their right to shape the nation, the state — and even their town — when they step into the voting booth this Election Day. From Wyckoff's ballot question on games of chance, all the way up to the national contest between President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney, each vote counts.
Polls are open Tuesday from 6 a.m. until 8 p.m.
Here's the low-down on Patch's coverage of local, state and national elections:
Voting in Wyckoff
Wyckoff Township Committee
- The terms of Wyckoff Committeemen Kevin Rooney and current-Mayor Chris DePhillips are set to expire at the end of the year. Rooney is running for re-election along with fellow Republican Haakon Jepsen. Democrat Eileen Avia is running for the committee.
Wyckoff Board of Education
- The two seats for three-year terms will be filled by the following four candidates: John Carolan, Robert Buono, Kathy Bowers, or incumbent Christopher Della Pietra. Danielle Swenson, a former board member, will run unopposed for a one-year term for the seat that Della Pietra is currently filling.
Wyckoff's Ballot Question: Games of Chance
- Should Wyckoff Permit 'Games of Chance?' [POLL]
- Wyckoff Advances Process to Put Raffle Question on Ballot
Where Do I Vote in Wyckoff?
- Click here: Polling Places in Wyckoff
Voting in Franklin Lakes
Franklin Lakes Borough Council
- Borough Council President Charles Kahwaty and Councilman Thomas Lambrix, both Republicans, are seeking their first full terms on the borough's governing body.
Franklin Lakes Board of Education
- Three seats are up for grabs in the borough's BOE vote on Election Day. The seven candidates running for those positions are: Shirley Hermansen O'Reilly, Jackie Veliky, David Michael Ben-David, Julie L. Kim, Evros Vassiliou, and incumbents Margaret Bennett and Kathleen Schwartz
Where Do I Vote In Franklin Lakes?
- Click here: Polling Places in Franklin Lakes
Elections on the State Level:
- Sandy Poses Unique Challenges to NJ Candidates
- Menendez, Kyrillos Pledge Support For Israel
- Senate Candidates Debate Economy, Health Care
- Garrett, Gussen Debate in Mahwah [POLL]
The National Election:
From our NJ Insiders Series:
- Aug. 12: NJ Insiders Not Sure Ryan Better Pick Than Christie
- Aug. 22: NJ Insiders: Booker Strongest Candidate Dems Can Field Against Christie
- Oct 4: Who Won the Debate? NJ Insiders Pick Romney
- Oct 17: Who Won the Debate? NJ Insiders Split Along Party Lines
- Oct. 23: NJ Insiders Split Along Party Lines After Final Debate
- Nov. 5: GOP Will Benefit From Down Voter Turnout, NJ Insiders Say
Have a question or news tip? Contact editor Joseph M. Gerace at Joseph.Gerace@patch.com, or find us on Facebook and Twitter. For news straight to your inbox every morning, sign up for our daily newsletter.